Thursday, August 27, 2009

What now?

Here I sit watching All My Children and wondering why all of the ladies are always dressed in "black tie" attire even in the midst of financial mayhem, and why I can't live like that! Don't get me wrong, I have "a great life" if you don't count ridiculous amounts of debt, no marketable skills to get a job to deal with said debt, the big "40" looming and the constant nagging feeling that there has to be more. My friends and I seem to be holding an ongoing conversation about what we want to be when we grow up (so cliche I know) and what the hell happened to all of our well laid plans and dreams. None of us are particularly bad off and we are all blessed with beautiful healthy children, but all of us feel a growing sense of purposelessness. Yes there is always laundry to be folded, but somehow I keep hoping for more...By the way, what time it is REALLY ok to open the wine?

3 comments:

  1. OMG I so feel the same way! This is not where I thought I'd be but I guess I just sort of kept thinking things would happen. Oh well I get dressed up any way and feel 4 is a good time for wine! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog. I'm so happy I found You! xoxo

    ReplyDelete