Monday, December 14, 2009

"The Most Wonderful time of the Year"

So I embarked on my "blogging career" (and I obviously use that term lightly as it has been 4 months since my first and only post...ok now it sounds like I am at confession) to no avail...alas perhaps during this hectic Christmas (yes you heard me correctly in all of my political incorrectness "Christmas" Season) I can get back on it. As I currently have only one follower I am sure my lapse has not been too big of a heartbreak.

First, know that I literally start listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween as I love this time of year so much! My theory is that if I start that early, perhaps the inevitable post Christmas let down will not be as bad because I will be so sick of "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" that I will gleefully return to regular music without hitting the bottle to hard if ya know what I mean wink wink! Now in keeping with my "disenchanted fairytale" I must say where the hell does the time go once you are the actual person orchestrating the whole "Christmas Miracle" To my, and I am sure, all kids the days could not go more slowly-to me not so much the case...Tree decorated -check, mulled spiced wine consumed -check, cards sent-check, more wine consumed-check, kids party planned-check, more wine consumed-check...hmmm I think I see a pattern here. On the note of the kids party, I am using the Christmas theme and we go to a public school, but guess what?!?!? As is always the case nobody else volunteered to help so I guess that I am left to my own devises thus CHRISTMAS! Lastly, what to say when your 8 year old daughter brings home a Thanksgiving Letter with what she is thankful for. On the list is and I quote "child services" guess I should stop throwing around that threat huh?!?!?...and now obviously it is time for some more mulled spice wine! Norman Rockwell eat your heart out!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! You have a good strong voice and are women can easily relate to you because we are all dealing with the same issues of our lives may not exactly resemble what we thought it would at this point - that point being almost 40.

    Cut yourself some slack with regards to the followers. As a veteran blogger of 2 1/2 years, I can tell you that it takes some time to gather a following. Keep writing and be you. The more often you write, the more regular readers you will have. Don't sweat the number of followers - a lot more will stop by and read than will be a public follower. And don't count your readers by the number of comments you get either. The number of comments has little to do with the number of readers you have.

    Keep promoting your blog on Facebook. Do you know about Networked Blogs? You can find it on FB. Click on my profile and you can find it. I promote my blog using it. You can also use different blog rings to build some buzz for your blog.

    The wisest thing someone told me when I first nervously started blogging (and this person is a good friend and NY Times Best Selling Author) that I'm now going to pass on to you is that your blog is you and your voice and it's awesome. The rest of it all will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog via Little Merry Sunshine's "Forester Blogs" posting! :) It's nice to see a fellow Forester (and mom) with a new blog!

    I love Christmas-time, too! As a matter of fact, I love that whole holiday period. But I always like to think that it starts with Halloween when the air is crisp and cool, and smells like apples and vibrant leaves.

    Plus, within a couple weeks of Halloween is Veterans' Day (my grandfather, uncles, dad, father-in-law, husband, and I are all vets). The next day is my birthday, and then in two weeks, it's Thanksgiving . . . then my wedding anniversary - I should say "our" because it's my husband's too, right? ;) Then Christmas and New Year's.

    So for me, Halloween kicks off the whole holiday season for me, and I just love it. Autumn is my favorite season. It smells good, it feels chilly, but snuggly sweaters and jackets feel good. And there's the anticipation of fun and "what will be next?" about it all.

    Well, that's my long-winded "hello" to you. And I look forward to reading more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete